Things You Need to Know Before Buying a 30 Gallon Electric Water Heater
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think about your water heater very often. But when it’s time to replace your old one, it’s important to select the right model to meet your needs. A 30 gallon electric water heater is a good option for small to medium-sized homes, and can provide plenty of hot water for showers, baths, and laundry. But before you buy, there are a few things you should know.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for a 30 gallon electric water heater, such as energy efficiency, size, and warranty.
- Energy efficiency: This is one of the primary considerations when shopping for a new water heater. A 30 gallon electric water heater is a good option for small to medium-sized homes, and can provide plenty of hot water for showers, baths, and laundry. Typically energy consumption of a 30 gallon electric water heater is between 2000 and 3000 watts.
- Cost of operation: The cost of operating an electric water heater will vary depending on the price of electricity in your area. In general, however, electric water heaters are more expensive to operate than gas or propane models.
- Size and capacity: Water heaters come in a variety of sizes, but the size you need depends on the number of people in your household and your typical water usage. A 30 gallon electric water heater is a good choice for homes with 2-3 people. If you have a larger family or if you use a lot of hot water, you may need a bigger model.
- Warranties and features: Warranties and features vary by manufacturer and model, so be sure to compare options before making your final decision. Some features to look for include:
- Energy efficiency
- Stainless steel construction
- Built-in temperature controls
Once you’ve selected the right size, it’s time to choose a brand. There are many reputable brands on the market, so do your research to find one that best meets your needs.
Reviews of 30-gallon electric water heater
There are many 30-gallon electric water heater models on the market today. To help you choose the best one for your home, we’ve compiled a list of the best based on reviews from trusted sources.
- The Eemax Electric Tankless Water Heater
- The Rheem Performance Platinum 30 Gallon Electric Water Heater
- The Bradford White 30-gallon electric water heater
- The GE 30-gallon electric water heater
Now that you know more about 30-gallon electric water heaters, you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your home. Be sure to do your research and compare prices before making your final purchase.
Water heaters last between 8 – 12 years on average when properly maintained. However, your water heater's life span depends on many factors, including the quality of the unit, its maintenance schedule, and the surrounding environment. If you’re unsure whether it’s time to replace your water heater, request a free estimate from our team.Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced? Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced?
In most cases, well pumps are not repairable. However, in some instances, all that’s needed is a bit of maintenance or a minor electrical fix to restore full system functionality. The only way to determine whether your well pump is salvageable is by having a knowledgeable plumber inspect the system.Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners? Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners?
Drain cleaning chemicals are highly toxic. These chemicals are unsafe for your family and pets and can damage your pipes, causing them to deteriorate prematurely. When stubborn clogs impact your system, the best solution is to hire a plumbing professional to clear the blockage.