How to Repair a Bathtub Drain
Bathtub drain repair may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and instructions, it can be accomplished relatively easily.
In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about bathtub drain repair, and also to fix a new one. So don’t wait-read on to learn everything you need to know about bathtub drain repair!
Tools and Materials You Will Need:
- New bathtub drain (can be purchased at hardware store)
- Bathtub drain snake (can be rented or purchased at hardware store)
- Drain cleaner (can be purchased at hardware store)
- Rubber gloves
- Eye protection
1. Begin by removing the old bathtub drain. To do this, use a screwdriver to remove the screws that are holding the drain in place. If the screws are difficult to remove, you may need to use a wrench or pliers. Once the screws are removed, lift the drain out of the bathtub.
2. Next, clean out the drain hole. Be sure to remove any hair or debris that may be causing the drainage problem. You can use a bathtub drain snake or a drain cleaner to help with this step.
3. Now, it’s time to install the new bathtub drain. First, put on rubber gloves and eye protection. Then, insert the new drain into the drain hole and secure it in place with the screws.
4. Once the new bathtub drain is in place, test it out by running some water down the drain to see if it is draining properly. If not, you may need to adjust the screws or use a different type of drain.
That’s all there is to bathtub drain repair! With these easy-to-follow instructions, you can have your bathtub draining properly in no time.
Water heaters last between 8 – 12 years on average when properly maintained. However, your water heater's life span depends on many factors, including the quality of the unit, its maintenance schedule, and the surrounding environment. If you’re unsure whether it’s time to replace your water heater, request a free estimate from our team.Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced? Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced?
In most cases, well pumps are not repairable. However, in some instances, all that’s needed is a bit of maintenance or a minor electrical fix to restore full system functionality. The only way to determine whether your well pump is salvageable is by having a knowledgeable plumber inspect the system.Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners? Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners?
Drain cleaning chemicals are highly toxic. These chemicals are unsafe for your family and pets and can damage your pipes, causing them to deteriorate prematurely. When stubborn clogs impact your system, the best solution is to hire a plumbing professional to clear the blockage.