How Bathtub Drain Repair Can be done Easily
Bathtub drain repair can be made easy with a few simple tips and methods you can use to fix a clogged drain. This is one of the most common plumbing problems and many people are not aware that they can save themselves a lot of money by fixing it themselves. With these helpful tips, your bathtub will start draining like new in no time!
There are many reasons why your bathtub drain may become clogged. Some of the most common causes are:
- Hair: This is one of the most common culprits when it comes to clogged drains. Make sure to remove any hair from the drain and surrounding area on a regular basis.
- Debris: If you are not careful, small bits of debris such as dirt, sand, and food can accumulate in your drain over time and cause a blockage. Be sure to sweep up any messes around your bathtub before draining the water.
- Foreign Objects: Sometimes objects such as toys or jewelry can fall into the drain and get stuck, causing a clog. Make sure to check the drain for any objects that may have fallen in before running the water.
Preventing your bathtub drain from clogging
There are a few ways that you can help to prevent your bathtub drain from becoming clogged:
- Use a drain screen: A drain screen is a mesh cover that goes over the drain hole and helps to catch any hair or debris before it can clog the drain.
- Clean your drain regularly: Remove any hair or debris from the drain on a regular basis to help prevent clogs from forming.
- Keep Hair Out of the Drain: One of the best ways to prevent a clogged drain is to keep hair out of the drain. Make sure to remove any hair from the drain and surrounding area on a regular basis.
- Sweep Up Debris: Another way to prevent a clogged drain is to sweep up any messes around your bathtub before draining the water. This will help to keep any small bits of debris from getting into the drain.
- Check for Foreign Objects: Another way to prevent a clogged drain is to check the drain for any objects that may have fallen in before running the water. This can help to avoid any unnecessary clogs.
There are a few other ways that you can try to repair a clogged bathtub drain:
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: This is another popular method for clearing a clogged drain. Mix baking soda and vinegar together and pour it down the drain. The baking soda will help to break up the clog, while the vinegar will help to disinfect and deodorize the drain.
- Plumber’s Snake: If the clog is further down the pipe, you may need to use a plumber’s snake to clear it. This is a long, thin wire that can be inserted into the drain to help break up the clog.
- Hot Water and Lemon Juice: Another method that can be used to clear a clogged drain is to combine hot water and lemon juice. The lemon juice will help to cut through the grease and grime that may have built up in the drain.
If none of these methods work, you may need to call a plumber to help clear the clog. Plumbers have special tools and techniques that they can use to clear clogged drains. However, before you decide to call a plumber, try some of these methods to see if they work for you. With a little bit of elbow grease, you can easily repair your bathtub drain yourself!
1101 Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109
Water heaters last between 8 – 12 years on average when properly maintained. However, your water heater's life span depends on many factors, including the quality of the unit, its maintenance schedule, and the surrounding environment. If you’re unsure whether it’s time to replace your water heater, request a free estimate from our team.Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced? Can well pumps be repaired, or do they need to be replaced?
In most cases, well pumps are not repairable. However, in some instances, all that’s needed is a bit of maintenance or a minor electrical fix to restore full system functionality. The only way to determine whether your well pump is salvageable is by having a knowledgeable plumber inspect the system.Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners? Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners?
Drain cleaning chemicals are highly toxic. These chemicals are unsafe for your family and pets and can damage your pipes, causing them to deteriorate prematurely. When stubborn clogs impact your system, the best solution is to hire a plumbing professional to clear the blockage.